Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Trip to Colorado Springs 2006


I grew up in the Ohio area and when we were ever able to get away we loved to go to Gatlingburg, Tenn. I have always loved the mountains and I am thankful for every opportunity I was given to visit the Great Smokey's BUT I have to say that I have never seen anything that put me an awe of my loving Savour like the Rocky Mountains did. My favorite place I have ever visited has to be Colorado Springs, Colorado.

This is the Reservoir going up to the top of Pikes Peak. This is such a beautiful spot.



This is another beautiful spot in Colorado Springs. It is definitely worth driving through Garden of the Gods. Some of the prettiest rock formations I have ever seen. I just wish I had more pictures of this park.
One of our great blessings we enjoyed while living in northern Kansas was being able to take people that had never seen the Rocky Mountains on a two and half hour drive to see their faces when they saw the beauty of God's Creation. We knew how it felt to us when we experienced it for the first time and we loved to share in that same experience with others.












No comments:

Post a Comment